Monday, October 12, 2015

Jesus Moves in a Pizza Place



There's a small pizza place here in Redding, California called Westside Pizza. I heard about this place from my BSSM (Bethel School of Supernatural Ministry) friends and that it was the place to go for all BSSM students on Friday nights. Last night was my fourth night.

So this small and totally unassuming place, when packed to the brim of hungry-for-Jesus students, quickly becomes a nesting ground for the manifestations of God and His miraculous signs and wonders. Yup. Pretty insane for an ordinary pizza business, eh?

So anyway, I was expecting something to happen last night. God reminded me that I had once wanted my eyes to be healed (pretty bad astigmatism in the left eye), and so I decided that if someone called out healing for eyes, I'd take it. Sure enough, someone did.

Now I'd never been the one to be healed before. I haven't really thought so seriously about it since I've never had any sort of serious sickness or injury. So to be on the receiving end of something for healing was the weirdest feeling. Will my eyes tingle? Will my eyelids heat up? Will I suddenly see angels shoving new eyeballs into my face?

I took my contacts out as, what they say, a "prophetic act" and had many people come pray for my eyes to be healed--but they didn't. Light looked obstructed and words were hard to read from only a few feet away. I was prayed for several times and everything still looked the same. By the end of the night, the staff formed a "Fire Tunnel" (this is where people make a tunnel and pray for you as you walk between them, and its the most epic thing).

With as much confidence as I could muster, I told God, "By the end of this tunnel, I am going to see." But...by the time I was halfway through, I changed my mind. I said to Him, "Even if I can't see by the end, I'm going to praise you and still love you just as if I could." By the time I reached the end, though, I definitely still couldn't see, and had cried in a friend's arms telling her the change of heart I had during the whole thing.

Then I went to one of the staff that works at Westside Pizza (seriously, these people are amazing Jesus freaks) and he had prayed for my eyes about four times before something started to happen. Completely regardless of my sight, I felt God's presence unexpectedly come upon me and I fell to the floor (it was more like a gentle...floating-like descent in slow motion. Pretty rad, Jesus). Then, I started to laugh on the floor like a lunatic because I thought it was funny God had done that to me, and then I started crying because I realized He was doing something in me, and then I was laughing because I was crying, and then I was for sure crying because I couldn't understand it and became overwhelmed (the human mind can't logically comprehend the emotions you feel when God is doing something in you, because God is entirely beyond your human understanding).

After about five-ish minutes, I sat up and an alumni from BSSM prophesied over me, asked what had happened and if I could see clearly yet (which was a nope). Then she said probably the most profound thing I've ever heard about any God encounter I've ever had: "Even though your eyes weren't healed, I believe that something happened inside of you to where you can now see spiritually."

Commence more crying.

Even though this whole thing started with the smallest thought ("Hey, maybe my eyes will heal tonight"), God had a completely different plan that had done so much more to me than what perfect eyesight could have done.

I would rather be partially blind the rest of my life if the eyes of my spirit-man would remain open to all the things God has in store for me.

Good thing is, God is a good God and He will heal me when I least expect it when it will be the most beneficial to me.

I look forward to that, and that makes for a fine, fine life!

No comments:

Post a Comment