Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Miracles Through the Eyes of Your Friendly Neighborhood Goober; Part 2 of 2

[You can find Part 1 here!]

I won't ever forget the feeling of walking down the tunnel into the stadium. You could hear the worship on stage getting louder and louder until you emerged into a massive bowl several stories high filled with people from all across the U.S. and even around the world. My heart was pounding; I was so ready for this day!

The first thing I did was follow the lead of what Lou Engle asked us to do, which was first to lay hands on those who have spina bifida. A girl nearby had raised her hand for healing so I was the first to approach her, and upon praying for the disease to leave her, she started weeping. I figured if I asked what she felt, she'd say heat and healing, but instead she stuttered to me, "I feel...l-love."

That was to set the standard for me the rest of the day. I knew God was with me, and I was in awe of all the people in the stadium and what all was taking place. For 15 hours, the ministry team went at it--people came out of their wheelchairs and injuries and diseases were leaving. It was amazing! All I know is that by the end of the day, I knew God had shifted the city of LA and it was only the beginning.

Azusa Now might have been over, but little goober Allison was still going to DISNEYLAND.


You know, revival isn't a day. It isn't Azusa Now. Revival is everyday, in walmart, in your home, and even at Disneyland. We still have people posting in our BSSM Testimony Page of God healing people at the amusement park (I guess it truly is "the happiest place on earth!").

I didn't see anything miraculous myself, but my friends and I knew that Jesus loved rides as much as we did so we invited Him along with us--including all the favor that came with Him! The average person normally gets in about four rides a day on a busy day--but my friends and I did twelve, two rides of which we went on twice! We even had special favor skipping an hour-long wait just by answering a question (when in doubt, the answer is Pixie Dust).

We ran into a father and son who had asked us if we went to Azusa the day before (I'm sure my Bethel tanktop gave it away), and a wonderful conversation ensued (I'm sure it was one of those "divine appointments" Bill Johnson always talks about). The son, Joseph, said he wanted to go to BSSM next year and I was able to bless him in his passion for the foster care system.

The fireworks at the end of the day pretty much sealed the deal that my first missions trip was the best missions trip ever!


And then at last, we boarded the bus in a very holy-ghost-crazed goodbye (people were lying around in the aisle laughing and crying and whatever was going on; I'm not even sure).

In the end, I returned to Redding with several new lessons in my pocket but the most valuable of them all is this: if you want revival, be the revival everywhere you go, everyday.

And that makes for the finest life of all!

THE END.

*Disneyland fireworks and pixie dust*

No comments:

Post a Comment