Wednesday, February 20, 2013

The Technicolor Phase


So. Everyone has quirks. Rather it be chewing gum every Friday after 6 o'clock or knitting during church to stay focused, everyone's got their weird, quirky little quirks.

After living with my roommate and cousin, Sherise, for 6 months, we have both discovered our own little quirks that we both find interesting about each other. We agreed that having these quirky-like quirks in our personalities only make us more human (and attractive!).

So, to flaunt my humanness (or... attractiveness?), I'm going to talk about my quirks, rather you've noticed them or not or don't even know who I am (you're weird).

I brush my teeth, eat a mint or use mouthwash after every single meal I have everyday, because I hate to think I have bad breath. Some people have noticed how white my teeth are. It's because of my crystalite breath. At least that's what I imagine in my head. Shards of crystals jutting out my mouth every time I breathe. ...Like...like an ice dragon...with nice breath.

When I stand and play guitar, I sway. Apparently a lot. I wouldn't think so, but the guy I play with on stage at church always tells me he feels like I'm gunna push him off and overthrow the entire stage for myself...just by my "sweet, innocent swaying". Ha! ...It's not that innocent, Phil.

When I go to sleep, first I gotta lay on my back, and then on my right side, and then on my stomach. And then on my left side, then on my back, and then on my stomach again. ...And then I'll fall asleep. Like a tired pancake.

Okay, okay...This is a very...very special quirk of mine. In the picture above, you will see just how cheesy my face is. It is, alas, the infamous Cheese Face. Some of you may have witnessed it, taken a picture with it or perhaps dreamed of it. This face is a precious rarity, I believe. It flashes upon my expression whenever I've made an oopsie or lost my common sense (which is common). This face has been passed down through the Reimer family for many generations upon generations...Perhaps this is the same face Eve made when she realized she shouldn't have given the fruit to Adam.

Another thing, I love to dance like a cheester with no shame. Pure, David-undignified dancing. I do this even in public, just to bring a new atmosphere of something odd and quirky. And attractive humanness.

I wear my lime green ski pants like jeans because I love them. They look cool. So...I'll just wear them, even indoors. Apparently that's weird in Canada. Can't handle the color, then don't look at the color, Canadians.

I mess with my bottom lip when I'm thinking or trying to focus, which commonly looks like I'm about to whistle. But...I'm not. I'm trying to think. Please understand this misconception. I am taken, like Gollum's one ring in a dark, dark cavern. Absolutely taken. And my whistling sounds more like a horse wheezing from second-hand smoking.

My final quirk is that...I have many quirks. And you might know some. Add 'em to the list! Because the more quirks, the more human (and attractive) you are! See, this is a simple list of reasons why being a little different is good for the human soul. In the end, these little quirks give everyone around you a fine, fine life. What's so wrong with a quirky (and attractive) variety of people?

No comments:

Post a Comment